Arriving at Narita

Sayonara Tokyo.

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:51 pm

The last two weeks have been so busy trying to wrap things up here in Japan that I have not had time to post anything. And now the apartment is almost empty, 7 x 50 lbs bags with all our stuff are packed and on their way by courier to Narita for our flight back to Canada tomorrow. In the final days here we did a lot, including one thing I have wanted to do for many years - see downtown Tokyo at night from an open air roof top. A few days ago I headed down to the Mori Tower in Roppongi, and after taking pictures, I put the camera down and just sat there for a long while looking out over the city. Of all the pictures still to come, I picked this for my last one to post from Japan.
So goodbye Tokyo, goodbye Japan, and goodbye to all the wonderful people we have become friends with while we are here. This has been the most welcoming place I have ever visited. And thanks to all the people that have been following this trip report as well - I will continue documenting the adventure after we get back. As I mentioned before, I might change the format and location of the blog, so if you would like me to send you a link to the new page when I get it going, please send me an email and I will be glad to let you know when new pictures and movies are posted.

ありがと ございました
Michael
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Travel report